Coronavirus Procedures updated 29/06/2022
Updated June 29th 2022.
As part of our effort to ensure the safety of you, your family and connections, our staff and the wider community we CARL MANNING SPORTS AND REMEDIAL MASSAGE have put into force a temporary set of policies and procedures while an enhanced risk of coronavirus transmission is present in the community. These measures will be relaxed as soon as it is safe to do so, and we really value you your understanding and compliance during this unprecedented event. Please ensure you read this document in full and understand its contents.
Please contact us if you have any questions.
Section 1: Booking Your Appointment
Please inform us at the time of booking if any of the following apply, as it will be very unlikely that we’ll be able to give you an appointment for the time being:
- You or anyone you reside with or care for have suffered from any of the below recognised symptoms of, or tested positive for coronavirus within the last 7 (formerly 14) days:
- A high temperature
- A new, continuous cough
- Loss or change to your sense of smell or taste
- You have been in contact with a person suffering with any of the above recognised symptoms, or who has tested positive for coronavirus within the last 7 (formerly14) days.
- You have a health condition outlined by public health England which may leave you more vulnerable to contracting or more susceptible to the effects of coronavirus
- You have been told to shield yourself for any other reason in relation to coronavirus
- You are allergic to any cleaning products or materials commonly found in PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) such as latex.
Section 2: Before Your Appointment
- You must inform us if any details outlined in section 1 have changed at any time between booking & your appointment
- Your consultation will be conducted in the 48 hours before your appointment to reduce the amount of time spent in clinic.
Section 3: Attending Your Appointment
- Please shower and put on clean clothes before attending your appointment.
- Please attend your appointment alone unless accompanying a minor.
- To avoid unnecessary social contact please do not arrive more than 5 minutes before your appointment time.
- Please bring your own bottle of water & pen.
- You will be asked to clean your hands with sanitizer upon arrival & when leaving the clinic.
- You will be asked to verbally complete a coronavirus questionnaire & declaration on arrival for which your HONEST ANSWERS ARE REQUIRED
- Your temperature may be taken and recorded upon arrival via a contactless thermometer: Unfortunately, if this is measured at over 38 degrees centigrade or 100.4 Fahrenheit, we will be unable to proceed with your appointment
- You will be asked to place your clothing & personal items in a disinfected container provided which will be disinfected after use.
- You may be asked by your therapist to wear a facemask for some or all of your appointment, please bring your own as we may not be able to provide one.
- If you have not paid in advance you will be asked to pay via our contactless system using a credit or debit card, bank transfer or cash.
- WHAT TO EXPECT FROM US :
- Staff will take their own temperature at the start of each day and regularly test for Covid 19.
- Clinic space will be ventilated, by the opening all windows & doors
- Staff will wear a fresh visor if required and will change into freshly laundered clothing before seeing the next client
- Staff will wear a fresh pair of medical grade disposable gloves if required
- Staff will ensure all cleaning/sanitizing of the clinic will be carried out before seeing the next client
- 80% alcohol sanitizer dispensers will be available in the clinic
- We will minimise close face to face communication as much as possible
- All massage couch coverings (including face cradle cloths) will be removed and laundered after each client has left the building as part of the on going sanitization and hygiene programme.
Our duty of care for our clients will be observed at all times – before, during and after each client visits the clinic.
Section 4: After Your Appointment
- Please let us know immediately if:
- You develop any recognised symptoms of coronavirus as detailed in section 1
- You are tested positive for coronavirus.
- You learn that you came into contact with a person suffering with any of the above recognised symptoms of, or who has tested positive for coronavirus within the 7 (formerly) 14 days preceding your appointment.
We look forward to seeing you soon and please don’t hesitate to ask if you have any questions regarding the procedures outlined in this document.
CARL MANNING SPORTS & REMEDIAL MASSAGE THERAPY